and Mental Toughness/Resilience Training for Police and Public Safety Professionals
After many years as a police psychologist, Dr. Asken is now available to provide psychological evaluations for police, fire and other public safety professionals and those aspiring to join these HERO (High Expectation and Risk) Occupations. Individuals may seek Pennsylvania required Act 120 or Act 235 evaluations on their own. These evaluations can also be arranged for agencies looking to screen personnel before hiring or promotion.
Those who place themselves in harm’s way are consistently told to focus, concentrate and utilize the survival mind set. However, rarely, or inconsistently, are they trained HOW to accomplish this. It is often assumed that mental toughness will automatically result from physical and tactical training. This is not always true, but mental toughness skills can be trained directly.
- Act 120 Psychological Evaluations
- Act 235 Psychological Evaluations
- Post-Offer/Pre-Employment Public Safety Psychological Evaluations
- Pre-Promotion Public Safety Psychological Evaluations
- Fitness For Duty Psychological Evaluations
- Post-Shooting Psychological Clearance Evaluations
- Public Safety Personnel Psychological Wellness Checks
- Psychological Consultation To Public Safety Agencies
- Training For Maximal Performance In High Stress Situations For Public Safety Personnel
- MindSighting: Mental Toughness for Police Officers in High Stress Situations
- The VALOR Mindset: Mental Toughness for the Fireground
- Emotional Intel: Understanding and Effectively Engaging Special Needs Citizens
- Going Deep: Psychological and Emotional Survival in Undercover Policing
- The po’d PO: Understanding and Managing Anger in Police Officers
- Code Calm: Mental Toughness for Emergency Medical Personnel
- Other training can be developed as requested.
Please Note: Dr. Asken does not provide emergency services or ongoing counseling or treatment.